MidWest Materials maintains and operates a private fleet of tractor-trailers to supplement our network of common carriers to meet customer service needs and ensure timely delivery of steel.
Our fleet includes:
(3) 2013 Peterbilt Model 386 Sleeper tractors that pull 102” wide x 45 foot aluminum trailers.
These trucks ensure on-time delivery to our regional customers and pick up inbound material from the regional mills.
(3) 2008 Freightliner Day Cab tractors that pull 96” to 102" wide x 45 foot aluminum trailers.
These trucks deliver customer loads in the Northeast Ohio area and pick up inbound material from local mills.
- All trailers are equipped with Tarpstop FASTRAK II pull back tarp systems.
MidWest Materials is connected directly, via private siding, to 18,000 miles of Norfolk Southern track, and connection to the CSX system is available at nearby Perry Village. Service is provided on a daily basis. The MidWest siding is capable of handling nine rail cars on our property simultaneously. The siding runs directly into our warehouse where four rail cars may be staged to be loaded and unloaded.
Our rail capabilities include:
- Trackmobile Rail Car Mover 9.0TM railcar pusher capable of moving four 100 ton rail cars
- Trackmobile Rail Car Mover 7.5TM railcar pusher capable of moving three 100 ton rail cars
- 40-ton crane capacity to load and unload rail cars
For more information on any of our transportation capabilities,
please contact us at 800-321-4143 or request a quote.